Re: My movements.

From: Alan Horkan (horkana@tcd.ie)
Date: Sun Dec 08 2002 - 14:14:03 EST

    On Sat, 7 Dec 2002, Martin Sevior wrote:

    > Date: Sat, 7 Dec 2002 21:04:40 +1100 (EST)
    > From: Martin Sevior <msevior@physics.unimelb.edu.au>
    > To: Alan Horkan <horkana@tcd.ie>
    > Cc: jeremyd@computer.org, abiword-dev@abisource.com
    > Subject: Re: My movements.

    > > > The idea is to feed this to Nautilus so that one can view the first line
    > > > or two of their docs in the icon displaying their docs. This way a user
    > > > can tell at a glance what each document is without having to open it.
    > > > Nautilus has this feature already for text files - I want to extend it to
    > > > all the files abiword can read (a LOT!)
    > >
    > > I think this is one of the most remarkably useless features in Nautilus.
    >
    > I totally disagree.

    > The first line of almost every document is it's title.

    That pretty much explains it,
    my documents are rarely, actually never that well organised but now that
    you say it, it would make a lot of sense for me to try and do this in
    future.

    I tend to put more time into (long) file and (deep) directory
    structures/names to help me easily identify files.

    I look forward to whatever you decide to do.
    The general concept is sound, and I believe there are a few different
    implementations that can make this feature significantly more useful to a
    greater audience.

    Thanks for clarifying. (I know i need to stop talking and start coding a
    whole hell of a lot more...)

    Sincerely
    Alan Horkan