AbiWord Weekly News #119 (2002, week 47) released

From: ericzen (ericzen@ez-net.com)
Date: Wed Dec 11 2002 - 01:35:45 EST

    Layfolk here: http://www.abisource.com/news
    Community reporters here: http://www.abisource.com/information/news/2002/awn119.phtml

    Polls will have to wait until after the holidays. The intermediate three weeks will be...somehow...someday, and you can quote me on that, unless something horrible happens.

    Thanks to all those of you who sent messages of concern, and of the abi ant in ASCII--that was cute.

    -Zen

    And now, for that editorial bit that I like and the rest of you have to suffer through:

         Wow, what happened here!? Stuff. Okay, you deserve more, NYORP took too long to fix, so, I went and saw the family during the holidays (nearly a month off!) The AWN's, based on recent experience trying to get this one back out, will be coming about once every forty-eight hours until caught up, which, I'm hoping, will be around Monday-ish. Those of you who distribute community notices may just want to wait and then say, "Oh, and 119-121 are here, here and here."

          Behold, my time traveling vrienden, it's the second to last week of November! To jog your memory, or tell you for the first time, the next Developers' Release is out! No, not 1.1.3, 1.1.2! Time traveling, remember.... Also, Marc's next secret project is out; Matthew's POW is doing great, but the more-the merrier, and Dom's begun the Mail Merge function.

          Good news, for those that like accuracy, the bug links are deadly accurate, but only because your editor bungles more than just English, and the secret of NYORP will be available next week (that means, oh, Thursday-ish). Also, bad news, everybody, despite my reverent warning last week (or three weeks ago-ish), Dave and No one are still getting way too much credit. Also, I've been absent minded in the Weekly Patch Prizes, so, after this glopping of AWN's, I'm going to make a table of previous winners. Even worse, I've completely neglected the statics page, but if I'm lucky, I'll remember to comment out Jeremy's stuff (in three weeks, he's going to discontinue the pchasm.org tinderbox builds) before uploading the AWN.