Mac port halted

From: Hubert Figuiere (hfiguiere@teaser.fr)
Date: Sat Dec 28 2002 - 16:14:21 EST

    Hi all,

    I just wanted to let you know that my PowerBook, the only MacOS X
    computer I had, died last week from a hardware failure. AppleCare is
    asking a mere 468 EUR to fix it for me (2 weeks), and given the price of
    a newer one, I'm really reluctant to do that. I'll have to think again.
    Of course, as Murphy law still apply, this occured the day before my
    last day at my previous job were I had a G4 PowerBook.... as well as a
    desktop machine.

    The bottom line: Mac port will be halted unless I sort out something.
    I'll keep you informed.

    Since I still have this older Mac running Linux, I won't be away from
    AbiWord development, and I'm sure I have plenty of time to spend on
    various stuff including:
    -1.0.4 release
    -Applix import
    -libcwk
    -RTF rewrite
    -various refactoring
    -various bug fixing.

    So be it.

    Seasons greetings to anyone.

    Hub

    --
    Unemployed AbiWord maintainer - Lille, France
    http://www.figuiere.net/hub/ - Cell phone: +33 6 18 01 42 11