Re: commit: mainly thread doc loading related fixes

Subject: Re: commit: mainly thread doc loading related fixes
From: Martin Sevior (msevior@mccubbin.ph.unimelb.edu.au)
Date: Fri Feb 01 2002 - 16:17:00 CST

On Fri, 1 Feb 2002, Tomas Frydrych wrote:

> fixes to get AW compile and run on win32. Had to move the call to
> pDocLayout->fillLayouts() in
> ap_Win32Frame.cpp::_showDocument() immediately after the view
> allocation, and similar change will probably be required on other
> platforms.

To get the updating screen thing, this fillLayouts() method needs to be as
late as possible in _showDocument(). Once windows gets a working
nullUpdate() method in xap_Frame, please move this call to where it
is in the unix build. Once there fix the the various race conditions that
will show up in the windows build. You can use (AV_View::getPoint() >
0) to tell you if it is safe to attempt to draw the view and
(AV_View::isLayoutFilling()) to tell you if the layouts are being filled
now. Use these methods to fix windows issues.

Note that in the unix build I had to redo the configure event handler so
that it did not run until after the windows and finished resizing itself.

Good Luck!

Martin