Re: What Hath God Wrought

Subject: Re: What Hath God Wrought
From: Alan Horkan (horkana@tcd.ie)
Date: Sat Feb 02 2002 - 17:15:12 CST

begin Pedantry ...

> > > "The quick brown fox jump over the lazy dog." is what was used on MacOS X.
> > I suppose they use this sentence because it uses all 26 letters of the
> > Alphabet.

if you want all 26 letters then:
"The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog."
you left out 's'

Seeing as i have been reading about crypto' a lot recently
Frequency Analysis
all letters occur at least once
o 4 times
r 2 times (twice to be pedantic :)
t 2 times
u 2 times

> And I'd vote to use it as well (it's also less religion centric)

How about because it is traditional, rather than any religious or
anti-religous feelings anyone may have. Besides dom has already said
that it was used for historical not religous reasons.

Playing too much chess has strange effects on the mind ...

Later
Alan