Re: Perl bindings compile error

Subject: Re: Perl bindings compile error
From: Joaquin Cuenca Abela (cuenca@pacaterie.u-psud.fr)
Date: Wed Feb 06 2002 - 09:54:38 CST

On Wed, 2002-02-06 at 14:45, Hubert Figuiere wrote:
> begin frodol@dds.nl <frodol@dds.nl> quotation:
> > Hi folks,
> >
> > if I try to compile with --enable-bindings, the compilation ends with a
> > bunch of errors. It seems to me that in abi/src/bindings/perl, the AbiWord.cpp
> > is older than the AbiWord.xs. The .xs has the right call to FV_View::findNext
> > with three arguments, the .cpp has a call with only two arguments (which makes
> > the compilation fail).
>
> I don't think --enable-bindings works as adverstised. You may be missing a
> couple of defines compared to the diving make.

--enable-scripting should work better (except if somebody has
s/enable-scripting/enable-bindings/g... ;)

anyway I didn't finished the install stage, because it has several paths
in the Makefile.am that should be deduced in function of the system, but
that right now are static (but it should work if you use my computer :)

Cheers,

--
Joaquin Cuenca Abela
cuenca@pacaterie.u-psud.fr