Re: Perl bindings compile error

Subject: Re: Perl bindings compile error
From: Joaquin Cuenca Abela (cuenca@pacaterie.u-psud.fr)
Date: Thu Feb 07 2002 - 07:06:30 CST

On Wed, 2002-02-06 at 19:02, frodol@dds.nl wrote:
> Dom Lachowicz wrote:
> >

> > > But the real problem is in the compilation stage (looking for fp_PageSize::mm
> > > which does not seem to exist).
> >
> > CVS update please. I've fixed this in the .xs file. If that doesn't
> > work, s/fp_PageSize::mm/DIM_MM/g
>
> It compiles now. Thanks!

On a related note, I've just committed a patch to make the perl bindings
work again. The problem was that the filename that you choose to
execute was not passed correctly to the perl bindings. I only took a
quick look at the code, and the pointer manipulations seemed ok to me
(except for a little mem leak), but gdb showed a corrupted filename, so
I just changed the char* stuff for UT_String, and everything worked.

Another point to take in account is that now the perl bindings (since
they are a plugin) doesn't report errors in a dialog box, as errmsg of
UT_PerlBindings is being ignored.

I've updated fax.pl to work with current bindings. You need gtk perl
bindings to make this script work.

Cheers,

--
Joaquin Cuenca Abela