Re: Commit: UT_String_printf

From: Andrew Dunbar (hippietrail@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Feb 20 2002 - 10:28:10 GMT

     --- Dom Lachowicz <doml@appligent.com> wrote: > Adds
    3 public functions (NOT methods)

    > UT_String_printf(UT_String &, const char *, ...)
    > UT_String_vprintf (UT_String &, const char *,
    > va_list)
    > UT_String_vprintf (UT_String &, const UT_String &,
    > va_list)
    >
    > Much thanks to Christian Biesinger (biesi) for all
    > of his help and
    > patience and his creative alternative approach :)

    This is probably good but as i18n guy I better warn
    you about using char *. Make sure you only use these
    functions for *7-bit* ASCII or when you are at least
    100% positive that the place you are sending your
    string to is expecting the same encoding that your
    char * is pointing to. Otherwise this will be
    horrible to maintain. It would be very much
    appreciated if somebody could add a comment to this
    effect to the source for these functions (sorry I
    can't do it myself in this internet cafe).

    Thanks for your understanding. Sorry to nitpick.

    Andrew Dunbar.

    =====
    http://linguaphile.sourceforge.net http://www.abisource.com