Re: Loss of enthusiasim for AbiWord

From: Rui Miguel Seabra (rms@multicert.com)
Date: Wed Feb 20 2002 - 21:12:15 GMT

    On Mon, 2002-02-11 at 09:59, Tomas Frydrych wrote:
    > What we probably should do is to run some pre-install script that
    > would ascertain whether the fonts we are planning to install are
    > already found in the path, and if so point the user to detailed
    > instrucitons on removing our fonts (I would be reluctant to give a
    > choice not to install the fonts for the same reasons I do not want
    > the fonts not installed by default).

    I can do this with the rpm spec without any script.
    In fact, I have updated the spec for that adding the Serial: 1 flag on
    the fonts package. As long as that serial is not updated, if the package
    is installed, it wont be updated (even if the version number is
    uploaded) without forcing.

    However, RENAME the font family to XAbiWord PUH-LEASE! At least it won't
    cause us such problems with most distributions fonts.

    Hugs, rms

    + So let's do it...?