need some primer on inserting lists into AbiWord for WP import

From: William Lachance (wlach@interlog.com)
Date: Sat Feb 23 2002 - 04:58:59 GMT

    Hi. I think I've reverse engineered how wordperfect does lists, but I need
    some idea of how exactly to insert lists into AbiWord. Here's what I've
    gathered, in case it might be helpful:

    -Find a wordperfect byte group with D30E (outline define) - this starts the
    list
    - The for each element we have this structure:
    bytegroup DD04 - Para style begin on (pt. 1)
    bytegroup DD05 - Para style begin off (pt. 1)
    bytegroup DD06 - Para style begin on (pt. 2)
    bytegroup D432 - Para number on
    <then whatever you want to use as a bullet is as normal for a wordperfect
    doc.>
    bytegroup D433 - Para number off
    bytegroup E0 (tab)
    bytegroup DD07 - Para style begin off (pt. 2)
    <then whatever you want to put as list data is as normal for a wordperfect
    doc.>
    bytegroup DD08 - Para style end on
    <then eol group DD04 (may be optional?)>
    bytegroup DD09 Para style end off

    Then repeat this structure for every element in the list.

    This seems pretty screwed up, no doubt it's tied to the idiosyncricies of
    WordPerfect. I can't seem to find decent docs on how to insert lists in
    abiword using code. Any hints about how I should go about this?

    Regards,

    Will Lachance
    wlach@interlog.com