Re: Line spacing options

Subject: Re: Line spacing options
From: Randy Kramer (rhkramer@fast.net)
Date: Tue Jan 01 2002 - 21:12:02 CST

David Chart wrote:
> We have three line spacing options I don't understand. 'At Leat', Exactly'
> and 'Multiple'. I have a pretty good idea of what the first two do, but I'd
> like to know exactly for the docs. The third just seems to make pixel dirt
> with Show Paragraphs on. What's it *supposed* to do?

The following is quoted from Microsoft help for Word97. (For the
record, this is *not* a feature I suggested/requested.)

Multiple Line spacing that is increased or decreased by a percentage
that you specify. For example, setting line spacing to a multiple of 1.2
will increase the space by 20 percent, while setting line spacing to a
multiple of 0.8 will decrease the space by 20 percent. Setting the line
spacing at a multiple of 2 is equivalent to setting the line spacing at
Double. In the At box, type or select the line spacing you want. The
default is three lines.

Randy Kramer