Re: Font Dialog UI

Subject: Re: Font Dialog UI
From: Andrew Dunbar (hippietrail@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Jan 04 2002 - 12:11:05 CST

 --- David Chart <linux@dchart.demon.co.uk> wrote: >
--On Wednesday, January 02, 2002 8:22 AM +0000
> Andrew Dunbar
> <hippietrail@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > I'm afraid they're not the same. On Linux,
> "encoding"
> > has to do with X's 8-bit fonts - you get to choose
> > which 8-bit encoding to use, unless you're using
> > TrueType fonts I guess.
>
> The only entry here is 'Placeholder', at least it
> was last time I looked
> and still seems to be.
>
> Will this do anything on Linux?

That's a very good question. Font issues on Unix/
Linux/X-Windows is a dark mystery. I hope one of the
Unix/Linux/X guys can provide some insight. In the
meantime maybe this should even be in Bugzilla?

Andrew Dunbar.

=====
http://linguaphile.sourceforge.net http://www.abisource.com