Some suggestions on localization

Subject: Some suggestions on localization
From: Ramón Flores (fa2ramon@yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Jan 05 2002 - 12:54:08 CST

Hi:

I think it is a good idea the user can select some
language options in an independent way, for example
the dialog in Brazilian Portuguese but the default
language of the document in European Portuguese and
the help in French. Nowadays it is possible to obtain
the two first items editing by hand the file
Abiword.profile. I don't know how to change the
language of the help. In any case it would be more
convenient to be able to do it using a dialog in the
menu.

I think it is very important to preserve this feature.
Perhaps it is a good idea that the install procedure
assumes that the mean user will use the language of
hers computer locale for Abiword, but this is not
always the case. For example, there is not a galician
version of Windows, but there is a galician version of
Abiword.

Another important case is the help files. Nowadays
there are 28 po files for Abiword, but the help files
are translated to 3 languages. So it is necessary to
give the user the possibility to choose the help in
one of the existing versions.

Cheers
        Ramón

Yahoo! GeoCities
Tenha seu lugar na Web. Construa hoje mesmo sua home page no Yahoo! GeoCities. É fácil e grátis!
http://br.geocities.yahoo.com/