cross-platform article

Subject: cross-platform article
From: Michael D. Crawford (crawford@goingware.com)
Date: Sun Jan 06 2002 - 14:34:23 CST

Hi,

I have written the first article in what is planned to be a regular
column on cross-platform development.

I'd be pleased if you read it and gave me any feedback you have. I feel
a little timid about publicizing widely until it's been read by at least
a few other people so I can have a chance to revise it:

Writing Cross-Platform Code - Getting Started
http://www.byteswap.net/mikesnotes/2002/getting-started/

Most AbiWord developers will find the content of the article old news.
But if you are new to cross-platform development you will likely find it
useful. Even if you only program on Linux, you need to be concerned
about the different microprocessors Linux runs on.

The website is still in a very primitive state. The homepage just says
"Coming Soon". But I have great plans for the site, with this column
and also a database of cross-platform links and resources. I'm also
interested in publishing articles written by others.

Among the planned topics for future columns will be detailed discussions
of the different cross-platform application frameworks. At some point I
will write an article about the internals of the Abiword framework.

Best,

Mike Crawford
crawford@goingware.com
http://www.goingware.com/