More Abi crashers...

Subject: More Abi crashers...
From: Malte Cornils (malte@cornils.net)
Date: Mon Jan 07 2002 - 20:27:54 CST

Hello,

I've recently returned from my Christmas and New Year "vacation"
(all the best to all Abi fans!) and have just built Abi from latest
CVS. I've finally gone through all of the documents I had on my
"personal files" CD-ROM, and now, Abi shows most of them without
crashing. I have again published those files which cause
crashes/hangs (and Info2.rtf, which should show some content, at
least the hex editor shows some), this time on

http://www.stud.uni-karlsruhe.de/~uhwe/abi2/

Note that I will shortly remove the old "Abi crashers" from
http://www.stud.uni-karlsruhe.de/~uhwe/abi/ and will eventually do
the same for the new ones; if you want to keep the files around as a
test suite, you should copy them to your home machine. Since some of
the files are quite embarassingly personal, you may not redistribute
them, they are "All rights reserved", but of course you may download
them from the provided location and use them for debugging Abiword
(if this prevents you from using them, please tell me).

Also, there are some rather feature-rich word files included (which
also crash); they might later be useful for debugging advanced
features like list import and post-1.0 stuff (tables etc).

Happy hacking! (I'm sorry that I'm not able to contribute code, too.
Maybe with more time on my hands...)

Yours Malte #8-)