Re: Indian Language in AbiWord

Subject: Re: Indian Language in AbiWord
From: Jesper Skov (jskov@redhat.com)
Date: Sun Jan 13 2002 - 09:55:48 CST

On Sat, 2001-12-29 at 12:11, Andrew Dunbar wrote:
> I think everybody has pretty much decided on using
> Pango. But I'm not sure if anybody has looked into
> the issues we have, what Pango can do, [snip]

FWIW I had an ultra quick look at Pango some months ago. It does line
rendering pretty much like AbiWord's backend. It does need a more
powerfull formatter though (which was on the TODO list back then) for us
to be able to use it. It's going to take some work to graft it onto the
AbiWord backend though...

Dunno about the XP issues.

Jesper