Re: Heads Up. Multi-threaded doc importer.

Subject: Re: Heads Up. Multi-threaded doc importer.
From: sam th (sam@uchicago.edu)
Date: Sun Jan 13 2002 - 20:12:00 CST

On Sat, 2002-01-12 at 09:22, Martin Sevior wrote:
> Hi Folks,
> I've been working on fixing bug 158 (show an hour glass during
> long processes). After quite a few false starts I decided that the only
> way to do this was make use of Dom's nullUpdate() pure virtual method in
> xap_Frame. This resolves to a gtk_main_itteration() on the unix platform
> and presumabally into something similar on windows.

Have you thought about using Thomas Fletcher's progress bar class,
designed for just such a purpose? I think the class is in
ap_StatusBar.[h,cpp]

This looks really cool otherwise.

--

sam th --- sam@uchicago.edu --- http://www.abisource.com/~sam/ OpenPGP Key: CABD33FC --- http://samth.dyndns.org/key DeCSS: http://samth.dynds.org/decss