Is this a bug --- should it be reported...

Subject: Is this a bug --- should it be reported...
From: Calvin Arndt (calarndt@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Jan 15 2002 - 00:46:11 CST

In an attempt to get abi to recognise one of my true type fonts, I
followed all the applicable docs from the abi site and the installed
 html docs...

What I was left with was a completely non working ABI! Not only did I
not get my font recognised but also abi forgot how to access its own
fonts!!!! And so consequently aborts...

Heres the problem... Most if not all major distributions on linux now
use freetype and the Unix font docs on the only give instructions for
xfs which by this time is well depreciated...

Not being a freetype or truetype font guru I've not had much luck
sorting out just how ABI gets its fonts recognised by X at all. Since
in a working installation of Abiword and XFree86 (4.1.0) w/ttf's
properly set up and visable/usable, X's configs contain absolutely 0
references to the abisuite fonts as is seen on my system! Yet Abi
functions as advertised so X must be getting Abi's info somehow...

If someone on this list might see there way to helping me thru this
(off list) I'll make sure my distributions ABI doc's get modifed and
updated and I send the resulting docs back to this list...