Re[2]: New Fonts!

Subject: Re[2]: New Fonts!
From: Vladimir Stoos' (vstoos@mail.ru)
Date: Tue Jan 22 2002 - 22:33:33 CST

Hello Martin,

mpuea> Quoting Vladimir Stoos' <vstoos@mail.ru>:

>> Hello Martin,
>>
>> Tuesday, January 22, 2002, 2:19:27 AM, you wrote:
>>
>> MS> Hi Folks,
>> MS> With the release of XFree 4.20 comes the release of a new set
>> of
>> MS> Type 1 and True Type fonts from Luxi. These are particularly
>> interesting
>> MS> because they have such a broad range of encodings.
>>
>> Those fonts doesn't have any of cyrillic glyphs!!!
>> Don't you want to lead cyrillc users hunt for appropriate cyrillic fonts,
>> making fonts.aliases and etc. May be we can include fonts, that will
>> provide cyrillic glyphs too?? I think many people in Russia may help that.

mpuea> Oh.I thought they did. Please go hunting for free cyrillic glyphs. Tomas
mpuea> Frydich suggested we should supply"font-paks"that could be downloaded from our
mpuea> web site. I agree. They could also be wrapped up with an ispell dictionary to
mpuea> make a locale specifc download too.

No problem. I'll do it in few days. Do you need URL with fonts?

Offtopic: what about to add Ukrainian Ispell dictionary into Abiword?

--
Best regards,
 Vladimir                         mailto:vstoos@mail.ru