OEone update

Subject: OEone update
From: Dom Lachowicz (doml@appligent.com)
Date: Wed Jan 30 2002 - 13:04:59 CST

Hello,

Many of you know that we've been having a bit of a spat with OEone
lately over their distribution of Abi in their new AIO Homebase computer
without releasing the sources and specifically their changes to our
source.

Well, hopefully this afternoon everything will be averted. Several of us
have been in touch with the OEone corporation over the past 2 weeks and
we had gone so far as to even draft a press-release in order to, erhm..
"motivate" them.

Well, the pending crisis has been averted. Mike Potter and Peter Bojanic
have talked to me today on IRC and they will be posting their source
code to:

ftp://ftp.oeone.com/pub/homebase

this afternoon/evening. So, if this all happens, there won't be any more
problems between us and OEone over this issue.

I'd like to thank everyone who's read the press-release and signed it,
and everyone who's involved with Abi in general. The press release and
your signatures have disappeared from public view for now.

Dom