Re: Using of system-wide ispell dictionaries

From: Dom Lachowicz (doml@appligent.com)
Date: Wed Jun 05 2002 - 12:27:05 EDT

    On Tue, 2002-06-04 at 17:02, Alan Horkan wrote:
    > so what are the requirements before it becomes the default build?

    I'm not entirely sure. I'd probably wait until the "new" pspell+aspell
    merge is complete. After that, it will support affix compression, which
    is important for a variety of languages.

    * Pspell doesn't support as many languages as Ispell
    * Pspell doesn't work everywhere that Ispell does
    * We have a small replacement for Ispell. Places like Redhat >=7 have
    pspell installed by default. Places like windows won't ever have it
    installed.

    So, I'm not sure of the correct direction to take here.

    Dom