Re: pdf plugin changes

From: Mark Gilbert (webmaster@dofty.zzn.com)
Date: Thu Jun 06 2002 - 22:35:50 EDT

    On Thu, 2002-06-06 at 22:23, Alan Horkan wrote:

    > diffs are good
    > cvs diff -c
    > is what is usually used by the Abiword developers or
    > cvs diff -u is also acceptable

    I was told to use -u. However, given the context (jw makes changes to
    multiple files, but always in wp/impexp/pdf/xp), it is my opinion that
    diff -Naur abiword-plugins/wp/impexp/pdf
    would be best. This accounts for new files, treats all files as text
    (prolly not be necessary), gives unified context (human friendly), and
    operates recursively. This command is also recommended by fjf and (I
    think it was hub or dom).

    I was harassed for using diff -C3, they said it didn't even look like a
    patch d= Live and learn.

    Regards
    -MG
    (btw, forgetting about diffs, tarballs are probably preferred to zips
    for most of abi's developers)