Re: Request For Comments (and commit: new spec-template)

From: Mark Gilbert (webmaster@dofty.zzn.com)
Date: Sun Jun 09 2002 - 10:27:57 EDT

    > Keeping to what I said, uploading to savannah is really easy, from then
    > on, feel free to pick only the -bidi enabled builds :)

    I think I like this best. No hassle, only hypothetical problems.

    > None taken (neither should ever be) :)
    > mayhap make distribution=rpm should just make a tar with abiword.spec in
    > the proper place...

    This is part of the problem. In make dist...target=rpm, we build first,
    then make the tarball/spec/src.rpm, then build from that as any other
    rpm. That first build is unused and unnecessary. From there, barring
    any bad luck (though it gets harder to say that every day), rpm
    --target=<arch> -bb <spec> should do the trick.
    One detail though, are there environmental vars or something to control
    the same stuff as .rpmmacros so that users not otherwise building rpms
    don't have to be root because their dist defaults to /usr/src...?

    Anyway, that is detail work.

    > whatever :)

    Now you're talkin' my kinda language (-:

    Regards
    -MG