Commit (HEAD): diving make overhaul phase 1 + other stuff (aka lot-o-sh*t)

From: Mark Gilbert (webmaster@dofty.zzn.com)
Date: Wed Jun 19 2002 - 07:08:29 EDT

    This is phase one (and rather cut down from that for safety purposes) of
    the giant diving make overhaul. It should make things far easier to maintain,
    as well as more efficient. Included is new crap, my patented compiler pacifier,
    optimization tweaks, ABI_OPT_TINY (much sexier in gcc3), a truckload o' fixes,
    gtk2 preparation crap from combined efforts between fjf and myself...
    Anyway, it's beautiful.
    Platform maintainers should NEVER modify nix-common, and ALWAYS modify BELOW the
    nix-common inclusion line. That will insure 1) their stuff doesnt get stomped
    on and 2) they dont stomp on other people's stuff.
    More on the way, just some bestcase and worstcase scenarios here.
    -MG
    CVS:
    CVS: Committing in .
    CVS:
    CVS: Modified Files:
    CVS: openbsd.mk linux.mk
    CVS: Added Files:
    CVS: nix-common.mk

    (um...sorry if I broke your build but make sure you tell me all about
    it, mmkay?)