FreeBSD builds

From: PSA (listmstr@posom.com)
Date: Wed Jun 19 2002 - 16:38:07 EDT

    Well, it's been awhile but I seem to be getting usable builds again. I
    cleaned off two of my machines and recompiled the OS and all of the
    standard ports and here's where I'm at:

    1) While I still can't cleanly compile anything post 0.9.5 on FreeBSD
    <4.5, I am getting clean compiles of 1.0.2 on FreeBSD4.5-Stable.
    2) These new binaries all result in the "Segfault when not run by root
    user" error discussed on the user list unless I delete the user
    profile. This means that upgrading will require users to delete their
    old profiles. Is this normal? Is it stated anywhere on the download
    page(s)?
    3) I started up my build queue with the old standard options and sources
    from cvs for release 1.0.2. Are these still wanted? Normally I build
    four packages: gtk, gnome, gtk-bidi, gnome-bidi. When does bidi become
    standard?

    Thanks for the help, FJF and MG, especially.

    -Paul
    (AKA posom, PSA)