Re: POW: integrate the new help system

From: Alan (horkana@tcd.ie)
Date: Fri Mar 01 2002 - 23:08:56 GMT

    David Chart wrote:

    > --On 28/1/02 16:38 -0500 Dom Lachowicz wrote:
    >
    >> 1) Create a way to auto-generate the dox
    >> They are in abiword format. AbiWord --to=xhtml will be able to convert
    >> documents to HTML, which we can then merge with existing templates
    >
    > Whoever wants to do this should talk to me to make sure that the right
    > links and things get added to the dox. There probably needs to be a
    > bit of brainless but boring grunt work done to set things up for easy
    > conversion.
    >
    > David
    >
    > David Chart

    You have probably already thought of this, and im not sure if its
    practical but ...
    it would be extra cool if you (or whoever takes up this POW) could get
    the scripts to include the tag
    <LINK> where necessary so that features like the "Site Navigation Bar"
    in Mozilla can be used. (since Mozilla 0.9.5)

    http://www.mozilla.org/releases/mozilla0.9.5/
    Mozilla has a new Site Navigation Bar for navigating sites that use the
    <LINK> element (like Bugzilla buglists.) Choose the menu item |View |
    Show/Hide | Site Navigation bar | Show As Only Needed| to make the
    toolbar show up automatically when you visit pages that use the <LINK>
    element.

    w3 guidelines
    http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/struct/links.html#h-12.3

    Sincerely