Re: abiword 0.99.2 on non-linux platforms.

From: F J Franklin (F.J.Franklin@sheffield.ac.uk)
Date: Wed Mar 06 2002 - 14:06:48 GMT

    On 6 Mar 2002, Philippe DEFERT wrote:
    > To compile abiword on OS different from Linux, and where
    > scandir/alphasort do not exists, there is a patch needed to the file
    > ut_unixDirent.h. The patch is just to make compile this include file
    > within the C++ context. Could include that in the next release, please ?
    > The file is attachment.

    Why should this work? If scandir & alphasort are missing then this will
    result in link-errors. If they are just un-declared, which the patch
    fixes, then why aren't they being declared?

    SCANDIR_MISSING should imply that scandir is missing, so a simple
    declaration won't help. (Technically you need a separate
    ALPHASORT_MISSING for alphasort anyway...)

    Please tell us: what platform are you using? Solaris? AIX? HP?

    Regards, Frank

    Francis James Franklin
    F.J.Franklin@shef.ac.uk

    It's getting them wrong that is living, getting them wrong and wrong and
    wrong and then, on careful reconsideration, getting them wrong again.
    That's how we know we're alive: we're wrong.
                                                             --- Philip Roth