Re: Spell check speed

From: Dom Lachowicz (doml@appligent.com)
Date: Tue Mar 12 2002 - 20:09:54 GMT

    Hi David,

    I'm afraid that this might be particular to your system. On yesterday's
    nightly build on win32, I could spellcheck a 30 page document almost
    instantly.

    Likewise, on today's CVS head Linux x86 build, I can spellcheck any one
    of your abiword-docs documents faster than I can blink.

    This may be specific to your system or specific to ppc architectures in
    general. Nothing has changed in the spelling code in quite some time,
    except for 1 trivial if statement that tucker and I put in a few days
    ago and a call to 1 function (compoundgood) that only gets called if all
    else fails. So, unless every one of your words in the document is a
    compound word, I can't personally explain this slowdown.

    Thanks,
    Dom

    I can spell-check