Re: commit: abi: cy-GB fixes

From: Andrew Dunbar (hippietrail@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Mar 15 2002 - 15:04:20 GMT

     --- F J Franklin <F.J.Franklin@sheffield.ac.uk>
    wrote: > On Fri, 15 Mar 2002, Andrew Dunbar wrote:

    > > --- F J Franklin <F.J.Franklin@sheffield.ac.uk>
    > > wrote: > (possibly fixes mhatta's bug)
    > > >
    > > > o remove funky char at end of file
    > > > o add ,"iso-8859-1" to BeginSetEnc macro
    > >
    > > Please correct me if I'm wrong but I thought that
    > > Welsh had four extra characters that are not in
    > ISO
    > > 8859-1. I thought it used versions of "w/W" and
    > "y/Y"
    > > with acute accents.
    >
    > On the contrary: please correct me if I'm wrong. I'm
    > happy to unfix this
    > non-fix if that is preferred... the bug I was
    > looking for turned out to be
    > elsewhere.
    >
    > Frank

    Hi Frank. Did I just mail you or also to abi-dev?
    I'm a bit sick so I might've sent it wrong. It was
    supposed to go to abi-dev so our Welsh experts would
    see it and say the right things about it (:
    I just had a quick look and ISO 8859-14 does support
    the Welsh characters but that doesn't mean the strings
    we have use that encoding.
    Oh and the accents are circumflex, not accute.

    Sending to abi-dev for sure this time...

    Andrew Dunbar.

    =====
    http://linguaphile.sourceforge.net http://www.abisource.com