Re: what gives?

From: Rui Miguel Silva Seabra (rms@1407.org)
Date: Wed Mar 20 2002 - 06:04:02 EST

    On Wed, 2002-03-20 at 10:45, Hubert Figuiere wrote:
    > On Wed, 2002-03-20 at 10:21, Rui Miguel Silva Seabra wrote:
    > > Given this, I want to know:
    > > Why are the rpms I did not the official rpms?
    > There is no *official* RPM beside those that we provide on
    > sourceforge.net

    This is not the answer for my question.
    This is the answer to: "Are there official RPMS for AbiWord?" or
    something close to that.

    > > Why is http://savannah.gnu.org/download/abiword is not even mentioned
    > > (not even as an alternative download site)?
    > Because you still insist on not using SourceForge as the main primary
    > site download site. We don't want to confuse users by 2 locations that
    > provide 2 different set of packages.

    There are good motives for doing that, and what you are asking me is to
    go against my principles.

    Would you provide an alternative place for upload for those who do not
    want to support VA's parting of the ways of free software development?

    There is already one, why be so agressive?

    Regards, rms

    + So let's do it...?