commit: --plugin opition for gnome build.

From: Martin Sevior (msevior@mccubbin.ph.unimelb.edu.au)
Date: Thu Mar 21 2002 - 01:19:01 EST

    Hi Folks,
             This commit add the --pluign command line option for gnome build.

    Usage:

    AbiWord --plugin AbiCommand

    will immediately execute the AbiCommand plugin (it's the new plugin listed
    below) instead of the main loop in gtk.

    We can use this to now develop plugins for abiword that don't use the
    gtk main loop. A simple modification will allow other platfroms to have
    the same capabilities.

    Some really cool things we can do with this are:

    1. Full command line interface via stdio. So an external program can just
    popen("AbiWord --plugin AbiCommand") and run commands into abiword via
    stdio. We can use this to develop form letter and evolope printing.

    2. Develop a bonobo/activeX component as a plugin :-) This should really
    speed things up in this area.

    3. Develop CORBA/COM interfaces via a plugin.

    4. Develop an AbiWord daemon via plugin. Make AbiWord a daemon and fire
    stuff at it. Input a word doc and get out a HTML doc or a an image of the
    text or do text processing via the daemon.

    The plugin AbiCommand I just committed as well is just a skeleton command
    line plugin as a proof of concept. It just reads in line and splits it
    into string tokens and prints then out.

    Cheers!

    CVS:
    CVS: Committing in .
    CVS:
    CVS: Added Files:
    CVS: abicommand/xp/AbiCommand.cpp abicommand/xp/Makefile
    CVS:
    Simple command line plugin to demo the new --plugin option for gnome

    CVS:
    CVS:
    CVS: Committing in .
    CVS:
    CVS:
    CVS: Committing in .
    CVS:
    CVS: Modified Files:
    CVS: src/af/ev/xp/ev_EditMethod.cpp
    CVS: src/wp/ap/unix/gnome/ap_UnixGnomeApp.cpp
    CVS: src/wp/ap/xp/ap_Preview_Abi.cpp src/wp/ap/xp/ap_Preview_Abi.h
    CVS:
    --plugin option for gnome build. Jump straight to a plugin.