Re: Atlantis and Abi

From: Martin Sevior (msevior@mccubbin.ph.unimelb.edu.au)
Date: Sat Mar 23 2002 - 06:10:04 EST

    On Thu, 21 Mar 2002, Virgil Arrington Jr. wrote:

    > >i suspect abiword has good word support for all the features it can
    > >actually render, not being able to draw tables and other things being a
    > >major stumbling block.
    >
    > Abi's Word compatibility is good, but until its RTF files can save the
    > default font size to all paragraphs, even blank ones, and save its page
    > margins correctly, it still needs some work as Abi-saved RTF files reopened
    > in Word still need to be reformatted.

    I thought I fixed the page margins in 0.99.3. The font size you get from
    the RTF save should be exactly the same as what you get from saving as an
    *.abw. If these don't work in 0.99.3 please file a bug report and I'll get
    on it.

    Cheers

    Martin

    PS. I'm aiming for 100% RTF export compatibility with Word. I need it for
    my job.