abi post 0.99.3 CVS March 25, IRIX 6.5

From: Philippe DEFERT (philippe.defert@cern.ch)
Date: Tue Mar 26 2002 - 04:35:11 EST

    I took abi post 0.99.3 from CVS on March 25, late afternoon (in Europe).
    This partly because with official 0.99.3, I had problems with spelling
    and by the way this problem is not solved: still all words in any
    language are considered as bad.

    But this time also, I wanted to get it for IRIX 6.5 and it was easy to
    have it compile. It may be that these corrections also applies for other
    architectures and thus I give you a small report.

    1. Compilation stops immediately as our gcc has no -pipe option for
    IRIX. Thus I had to remove it from src/config/abi_defs.mk. I do not see
    the necesity for it even for other platforms !

    2. PATH_MAX is not defined with the include files present for IRIX, thus
    I had to modify src/config/platforms/irix64.mk to include PATH_MAX=1024
    in the PORT_FLAGS

    3. The compilation fails in src/text/fmt/xp with

    fv_View.cpp: In method `void FV_View::processSelectedBlocks(enum
    List_Type)':
    fv_View.cpp:2330: ANSI C++ forbids comparison between pointer and
    integer
    fv_View.cpp: In method `void FV_View::getTopRulerInfo(class
    AP_TopRulerInfo *)':

    4. Compilation error with alphasort declaration missing, just had to
    add -DSCANDIR_MISSING to PORT_FLAGS in irix64.mk

    5. Then at the end link fails because setenv is missing, just had to add
    -DSETENV_MISSING to PORT_FLAGS in irix64.mk and removing .o files where
    setenv was used (only one, xap_UnixEncodingManager.o)

    I attache the diff file for the config/irix64.mk and for fv_View.cpp.
    Please think of removing -pipe option and decide for the best.

    Amicalement.
    Philippe.