Re: Some language problems in AbiWord (fwd)

From: Andrew Dunbar (hippietrail@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Mar 29 2002 - 05:59:14 EST

     --- Hubert Figuiere <hfiguiere@teaser.fr> wrote: > On
    Thu, 2002-03-28 at 23:00, Martin Sevior wrote:

    > > 1. Abiword defaults to the locale it finds in the
    > environment variables,
    > > that's good. But when I copy and paste a
    > string, it loses its
    > > language setting.
    > > The newly pasted text is underlined and its
    > language is set to en_US.
    > > (Or to the C locale?) Anyway, when I look at
    > the language setting,
    > > it says "English (American)"
    > >
    > > 2. I attached a small file to show my other
    > problem with fonts.
    > > Maybe you should start abiword as "LANG=hu_HU
    > abiword"
    > > to be able to see this, I don't know. But the
    > fonts on the screen
    > > are not always the same as in print or in
    > print-preview.
    > > I mean the special Hungarian chars with
    > "double comma" accents.
    > > On the screen, in editing I get oOuU with
    > "hat" instead of the
    > > "double comma". In print preview I get them
    > correctly.
    > > I saw <?xml version="1.0"
    > encoding="ISO-8859-2"?> in the
    > > first line of the attached file. Maybe this
    > encoding should be applied
    > > when asking fonts from the X-server... But
    > that is only a minor
    > > annoyance.
    >
    > According to Dom:
    > "there is no LID mapping to hu-HU inside of wv. if
    > you can find the LID
    > that maps to hu-HU, that problem is easily solved"

    Is this problem related to wv? I thought Abi had its
    own file full of language identifiers and names etc
    but seeing I'm at a cybercafe it's difficult to find.
    In any case, Windows LCID (should be what wv uses)
    for Hungarian is 1038. Hope this helps.

    Andrew Dunbar.

    =====
    http://linguaphile.sourceforge.net http://www.abisource.com