Re: Intro

From: Alan Horkan (horkana@tcd.ie)
Date: Sun Nov 03 2002 - 13:19:09 EST

    On Sun, 3 Nov 2002, Mike Peters wrote:

    > Date: Sun, 3 Nov 2002 19:29:43 +0200
    > From: Mike Peters <mpeters@superonline.com>
    > To: AbiWord Dev <abiword-dev@abisource.com>
    > Subject: Intro

    > Before I do so however I have a couple of questions. I'm not really up
    > on the subject of making patches so in view of this I've submitted a
    > very minor patch (following this mail). My first question is, is this
    > the right form for submitting patches?

    the Abiword Developer page use to say use
    cvs diff -c
    (i think that means context diff)
    but most of the developers actually used
    cvs diff -u
    (i think that means unified diff, anyway i am pretty sure the man page
    explains)

    Do what Frank (fjf) suggested and you'll be fine.

    > Also, is it OK to just claim any non-assigned bugs?

    Pretty much, especially if you are providing patches.

    Later
    Alan