OpenOffice.org and AbiWord: Both happily displaying WordPerfect

From: wlach@interlog.com
Date: Thu Nov 07 2002 - 06:40:46 EST

    Hi all,

    Marc and I have been collaborating on a project to generalize the
    main bulk of our WordPerfect logic filter into a library. I spent the
    last few weeks cooking up an OpenOffice.org filter using this framework
    (we also wrote an AbiWord filter using libwpd in just a few hours).

    Work progresses on creating the design for a second iteration of the library, which will
    hopefully be used by KWord, AbiWord, and ooWriter for really robust WordPerfect
    5.x/6/7/8/9/10 import/export.

    You can see the results here: http://libwpd.sourceforge.net.

    Cheers,

    William Lachance