RE: DOC or RTF?

From: sang (sang@osiasoft.com)
Date: Fri Nov 08 2002 - 04:29:48 EST

    Most recent OpenOffice can do it very good. I am using OpenOffice.org
    1.0.1.
    I wrote a document with Microsoft word and embedded an excel sheet
    object,
    and open it with OpenOffice, double click the sheet , OpenOffice can
    launch
    Excel to edit it. After excel saved the sheet. OpenOffice can store
    correct. Just
    a bit ugly. and that Word also can open it.
    anyway, I think AbiWord did good for some users normal requirement. I
    just don't know
    last goal. It will be a competitor of OpenOffice ? or only a lightweight
    Word processor.