commit: stable: MSVC build fix

From: Kenneth J.Davis (jeremyd@computer.org)
Date: Sat Nov 16 2002 - 23:40:08 EST

    Please, please, please, remember not all compilers are created equal,
    MS VC up until VC 7 (and even it defaults to this) will use the
    old for variable scoping rules, so please either define your
    looping variable before the multiple for statements or use a
    different name if the for statements are in the same scope.

    This minor fix when applied to 1.0.4_pre1 allows it to
    compile with MSVC6, I still need to see what's up with VC5.
    Tinderbox is still red because it uses MSVC 5 (I don't remember if
    it is using an updated win32 sdk or not). I changed my tinderbox
    so it gets fresh files from cvs (instead of updating them) as
    this fixes two issues [make realclean has been causing build
    failures, the tinderbox script was using checkout (co) instead of
    update and though this usually works was causing confusion for it
    for some files] and I updated both tinderbox clients (stable & head)
    so 'failure' is no longer a build failure indicator as some filename
    includes it and was causing premature build failures during cvs
    operations.

    Jeremy

    CVS:
    CVS: Committing in .