Re: Commit: Fix irritating re-sizing bug

From: Martin Sevior (msevior@physics.unimelb.edu.au)
Date: Mon Nov 18 2002 - 18:29:43 EST

    On Tue, 2002-11-19 at 02:56, Lachance Will wrote:
    > This fixes the bug which Christian reported on Friday
    > (and no, it wasn't my fault) :-) We were trying to
    > redraw on resize when not enough of the piecetable had
    > been recreated (a race condition). Added a quick check
    > to compensate.
    >
    > Thanks Martin for helping me understand some of the
    > piecetable code.

    Thanks for your work on this Will! Just a note on the nomenclature of
    abiword. The PieceTable is underlying model of the document. The code
    for it is in text/ptbl/xp

    The bug was caused during the generation of a new view on the
    piecetable. The pieceatble is never changed during this processes.

    The view code is located in text/fmt/xp.

    The fl_*layout classes are the classes that represent the logical
    structure of a formatted version of the model.

    The fp_* classes are the Physical manifestation of the fl_* classes. ie
    the stuff that is actually displayed on the screen or printed on paper.

    Cheers

    Martin