Commit (STABLE): Fix another memleak, this time with file manipulation

From: Mark Gilbert (markgilbert@hotpop.com)
Date: Wed Nov 20 2002 - 00:27:52 EST

    Fix memleak when we search for the existence of a given external program.
    For each program + path in env this code is run, and before this, the full
    location tried was not being freed, causing a nasty li'l leak when a lot of
    alternatives are tried and the $path is heavy. Well, all leaks are nasty
    but in such a case it's a lot of nasty instead of a lil freaky or somethin'
    Will forport this to head if I find the leak there as well.

    Keep it clean, keep it green, get jiggy wit it
    -MG

    CVS:
    CVS: Committing in .
    CVS: