[Fwd: Re: commit: more frame updates]

From: William Lachance (william.lachance@sympatico.ca)
Date: Wed Nov 27 2002 - 01:43:57 EST

    attached mail follows:

    On Wed, 2002-11-27 at 01:03, Andrew Dunbar wrote:
    > --- William Lachance <william.lachance@sympatico.ca>
    > wrote:
    > > frame-refactoring II:
    > > naming updates (add xap_XXXFrameImpl.* to the tree),
    > > some minor code cleanups (frame titlebar now uses
    > > UT_string)
    >
    > If it's using UT_string then it also needs to support
    > a way of determining the encoding so it can be
    > converted. I would've thought UT_UTF8string would be
    > a better choice for title bars? (Although even this
    > would have to be converted again for Windows Unicode).

    Encoding-wise, the code pretty much functions the way it did before. For
    the XP titlebar stuff, I use a non-encoded zero-terminated ascii string
    with the current pathname for the title if a filename exists, an encoded
    ascii string with the default untitled name otherwise.

    Other title stuff is handled by other parts of the code. This approach
    seems fine for code which basically only handles a pathname. Is there an
    encoding wrinkle here that I'm not aware of? Now's probably the time to
    fix it..

    --
    William Lachance <william.lachance@sympatico.ca>