Re: Return values - Just For Show?

From: F J Franklin (F.J.Franklin@sheffield.ac.uk)
Date: Wed Nov 27 2002 - 04:37:09 EST

    On Sat, 23 Nov 2002, Patrick Lam wrote:
    > On Sat, Nov 23, 2002 at 02:57:08PM +0100, Mike Nordell wrote:
    > > Return values of type bool is not just for display, they are to be used. So
    > > what am I talking about? Well, what about SEGV?
    >
    > Perhaps exceptions would be better in this case?

    If return values can be used conveniently then they should be used. In
    this case definitely.

    We already use exceptions in places, but I fear our support for catching
    them and surviving is next to non-existent. Let's not make it worse w/o
    good reason...

    Frank

    Francis James Franklin
    F.J.Franklin@shef.ac.uk

      `Medium atomic weights are available: Gold, Lead, Copper, Jet, Diamond,
    Radium, Sapphire, Silver and Steel.
      `Sapphire and Steel have been assigned...'