Re: Compile error on Irix from cvs tree

From: Martin MOKREJŠ (mmokrejs@natur.cuni.cz)
Date: Wed Nov 27 2002 - 07:46:20 EST

    On Wed, 27 Nov 2002, Mike Nordell wrote:

    > I'll only comment on the obvious interface bugs:
    >
    > Martin MOKREJŠ wrote:
    >
    > > srcc-3303 CC: WARNING File = /software/@sys/usr/include/popt.h, Line = 443
    > > A type qualifier on a return type is meaningless.
    > >
    > > /*@observer@*/ const char *const poptStrerror(const int error)
    >
    > This is an interface error. The last "const" is superfluous and indeed
    > completely meaningless. It's about as meaningful as applying "const" to a
    > return type "bool", which you also display exists in the current code.
    >
    > Do you think you could whip up a patch to fix this? It seems your compiler
    > is a lot less forgiving than the mainstream. :-)

    Well, actually the documentation of AbiWord regarding POPT is quite
    sparse (abi/docs/build/BUILD.TXT). It points to
    http://developer.gnome.org/arch/misc/popt.html, which doesn't contain a
    link to download. :(

    It took me a while to find by google some site with sources! I found
    popt-1.7.tar.gz at
    http://linux.sarang.net/ftp/mirror/utility/package/rpm/dist/rpm-4.1.x/popt-1.7.tar.gz

    The old http://www.rpmfind.net/linux/redhat/code/popt/popt-1.2.tar.gz I
    could not compile at all.

    If someone points me to some another site with never version of the CVS,
    I'd be glad to test it.

    Unfortunately, I'm not able to write a patch mysqlf.

    Thanks!

    --
    Martin Mokrejs <mmokrejs@natur.cuni.cz>, <m.mokrejs@gsf.de>
    PGP5.0i key is at http://www.natur.cuni.cz/~mmokrejs