Forward: Grammar checker info

From: Dom Lachowicz (doml@appligent.com)
Date: Tue Sep 03 2002 - 16:07:40 EDT

    Daniel forwarded this to me. I'm sending it to the list.

    Hi,

    I'm not sure what's the current situation wrt grammar checking in OOo,
    but I guess there's no grammar checker included yet.

    I've written a simple Open source grammar checker for English as an
    university project. The first version can be downloaded here:

    http://www.danielnaber.de/languagetool/

    I'm currently re-writing it in Pyhton, so please don't care about the
    ugly Perl code. I don't claim that this is powerful -- but it's not
    vaporware either, and it's extensible. It has some nice extra features
    like warning a non-native speaker when he uses a false friend (a
    misleading word). It's not OOo related but a standalone program with a
    KOffice GUI frontend (optional). The paper that describes it is in
    German only, sorry.

    The reason I'm mailing you is just to let you know such a thing exists
    and it will be improved. There's not much point in trying to integrate
    this into OOo - yet.

    Feel free to forward this to other people who might be interested (and
    who might even be able to read my German paper about it).

    Regards
    Daniel

    --
    http://www.danielnaber.de