Re: Forward: Grammar checker info (fwd)

From: Alan Horkan (horkana@tcd.ie)
Date: Thu Sep 05 2002 - 07:47:25 EDT

    On Wed, 4 Sep 2002, ericzen wrote:

    > Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2002 23:25:41 -0500 From: ericzen
    > <ericzen@EZ-NET.COM> To: Alan Horkan <horkana@tcd.ie>,
    > abiword-dev@abisource.com,
    > niscenus@roogroup.com Subject: Re: Forward: Grammar checker info
    > (fwd)
    >
    > It's a shame babel-fish can't help break that message down.

    I had time i could use my limited german to make sense of it without
    babelfish, or put it through bablefish in 150 word chunks
    (NB this is probably a bug in the Abiword Translation plugin, it should
    not send more text than will actually get translated).

    > Alan, I take it you've been hunting for a programme to integrate with
    > AbiWord for Grammer checking. Could you interpret your results thus
    > far?

    Not really, i was just aware of previous efforts and responding to Daniels
    post.

    Sytle and diction were mentioned in the comments on Slashdot to an article
    about Abiword. It is always wise to read both the articles and comments
    that relate to any office software to get some valuable feedback that
    users would not usually take the time to post on the lists or to bugzilla.

    Follow up posts to authors of bad reviews are very useful (more so than
    good reviews). One reviewer convinced me of the importance of better
    integration and the ability to easily email a document when finished
    writing it.

    Later
    Alan