Unanswered Question on Abi TWiki Faq

From: Randy Kramer (rhkramer@fast.net)
Date: Thu Sep 05 2002 - 12:00:42 EDT

    Based on a suggestion I made (I presume) an unanswered question has
    been posted on this TWiki page:

    http://www.abisource.com/twiki/bin/view/Abiword/UnixFaqAbiWordCoreDumped

    The text of the question is at the end of this post.

    Requests:

    1. If somebody can answer the question, I would appreciate someone
    either answering the question on TWiki, or posting an answer here that
    I can transfer to TWiki.

    2. This might not be the kind of question we should encourage on the
    TWiki, as I suspect it may be a transient type thing -- it may exist
    for one version and then disappear with the next version. (On the
    other hand, it does appear to be related to an "official release" so
    may not be as transient as I thought.) What does anybody else think?

    If the consensus is that it is transient, or for any other reason it
    doesn't belong on the TWiki, I'd like to come up with a page that
    addresses questions in the same category and says something to the
    effect "questions like this should be asked on the user / dev mail
    lists".

    On the other hand, maybe we should name this page by including the
    AbiWord version, with the possibility of having a "category" of FAQs
    for a particular release. (The page name could become
    http://www.abisource.com/twiki/bin/view/Abiword/UnixFaqAbiWord102CoreDumped.)

    Comments?

    Randy Kramer

    The text of the question:
    <quote>
    -- VicKallen - 04 Sep 2002 I am having a "core dumped" message when
    trying to run AbiWord.

    Why this is happening ??

    This is the message:

    Fatal error 'Cannot allocate priority ready queue.' at line ? in file
    /usr/src/lib/libc_r/uthread/uthread_init.c (errno = ?) Abort trap -
    core dumped

    Some util information:

    AbiWord version: 1.0.2 OS : FreeBSD? 4.5r (i386)

    Thanks...
    </quote>