Re: commit - Move Toolbar Strings into .string files

From: Paul Rohr (paul@abisource.com)
Date: Thu Sep 12 2002 - 01:01:56 EDT

    At 07:47 PM 9/10/02 -0400, Dom Lachowicz wrote:
    >Hi Jeremy,
    >
    >Yeah, it works fine on Windows. GTK+ and Glib on windows use it, the
    >Gimp uses it, a bunch of command line tools use it. As far as I've
    >seen, it's very generic C code.

    Jeremy,

    Does Dom's list sound too unix-y to be reassuring? Want a less unix-centric
    example? For the record, wxWindows has methods to read .MO files:

       http://www.gnu.org/manual/gettext/html_chapter/gettext_13.html#SEC208

    I've never looked at how they implemented this functionality, but I've seen
    it work on Windows apps. If they can do it, we certainly can, too. ;-)

    Paul