Re: Text Access Interface (was: Re: The AbiWord side of a grammar checker...)

From: Tomas Frydrych (tomas@frydrych.uklinux.net)
Date: Mon Sep 23 2002 - 04:18:37 EDT

    > Omer wrote:
    > Such an interface can be used also by an improved FriBidi (Tomas wrote
    > in a personal communication that the FriBidi-AbiWord interface for
    > passing text to be subjected to BiDi reordering is currently horribly
    > inefficient).

    Inefficient yes, but horribly no :). The problem with calling fribidi is
    that fribidi works with the raw text and our layout engine works on a
    more abstract level with fp_TextRuns. The interfacing to fribidi could
    be made more efficient by fribidi allowing us to feed it character
    types instead of characters.

    Tomas