Re: FREE, Made With Abiword [was Re: logos?] webpage button

From: Alan Horkan (horkana@tcd.ie)
Date: Wed Sep 25 2002 - 10:48:27 EDT

    On Wed, 25 Sep 2002, F J Franklin wrote:

    > Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 15:35:16 +0100 (BST)
    > From: F J Franklin <F.J.Franklin@sheffield.ac.uk>
    > Subject: Re: FREE, Made With Abiword [was Re: logos?] webpage button
    >
    > I like it too. But... would it be possible to make a logo which is
    > 1000 bytes or smaller?

    PNG size 1.81 KB (1853 bytes)

    got it down to
    1.75 KB (1,795 bytes)
    by saving again with compression level 9

    (I checked and should probably have already know that interlaced PNG are
    bigger, in this case about twice as big)

    You might try PNG Crush
    http://pmt.sourceforge.net/pngcrush/

    Nevermind, i reduced it from True Colour to 16 colours and saved again and
    got it down to 788 bytes

    And i am sure if you wanted to hand edit the pixels to clean up the A
    swoosh a little you could even shave off a few more bytes

    Sincerely

    Alan Horkan
    http://www.maths.tcd.ie/~horkana/
    http://matrix.netsoc.tcd.ie/~horkana/