Re: weird but genuine [V-1.0.3 (fwd)]

From: F J Franklin (F.J.Franklin@sheffield.ac.uk)
Date: Mon Sep 30 2002 - 11:47:14 EDT

    On Mon, 30 Sep 2002, Alan Horkan wrote:
    > my best geuss would be that he wants an easy way to encrypt abiword
    > documents (probably makes most sense to encrypt gzipped abiword
    > documents).

    Unless I'm very much mistaken, which is not unlikely, libssl has to do
    with the secure socket layer web protocol so okay it has encryption built
    in but...?

    As for encryption, there was a short thread on the user list - last week,
    I think - about this. There is a standard for encryption of XML documents
    that we may like to look into, and there's even a library that implements
    aspects of the standard, which maybe we can write a plugin around.

    Regards, Frank

    Francis James Franklin
    F.J.Franklin@shef.ac.uk

      `Medium atomic weights are available: Gold, Lead, Copper, Jet, Diamond,
    Radium, Sapphire, Silver and Steel.
      `Sapphire and Steel have been assigned...'